The Best Protocol for Your Skin to Maximize Your Skin’s Health and Complexion
There are many different types of facials out there that serve a lot of different purposes and skin types. So whether you have acne, dry skin or a dull complexion, there is a facial out there to meet your personal skincare goals. Not to mention there is the added benefit of self-care and relaxation. Plus, when we look good, we feel good! But just how often should you get a professional facial done to get maximum benefit from the treatments?
The Magic Number
Despite how different many facials can be, there is one thing many aestheticians and dermatologists agree on and that is the magic number of how often you should get a facial. The answer is at least once per month. Why? There are a few reasons behind this magical number. One is, depending upon your age, your skin cell turnover is averaging 28 days long. This means that getting professional facials more than once a month could possibly be irritating; however, there are always exceptions to that rule, so make sure you follow the protocol recommended by a licensed skin care professional.
The other reason you should have a facial done once a month is because nothing you do at home can replace that professional attention. This isn’t to say that you should stop doing your skincare routines at home. Rather, a monthly facial serves as a check-in with a professional to ensure your skin is getting the best treatment. And because your skin is doing different things depending on the season and your lifestyle, this monthly check-in can be super helpful.
Types of Professional Facials
At the Wellness Collective, we understand that no two people are alike and that is why we offer fully customized facials. Our professional skin care is more than just a luxurious fluff and buff. Rather, our facials are customized to fit your specific skincare goals. Our licensed aestheticians work with you to make sure that you not only get a facial that works well for your skin type and goals but helps you relax and unwind.
We offer 30 and 60 minute facials with the option to choose from a handful of customized treatments including:
- Microdermabrasion: a medical-grade treatment offering non-invasive skin rejuvenation to gently remove the outer layer of dead skin cells to promote increased collagen and elastin.
- Chemical Exfoliation: after an in-depth consultation, our skin experts will utilize Glycolic, Salicilic, Lactic and TCA chemical exfoliants.
- Dermaplane: a physical exfoliation that gently “shaves” the top-most layer of dead skin along with fine peach fuzz hairs.
- Acne Zap: utilizes a high-frequency light to destroy bacteria inside of the pimple.
- Face Reality Skincare: we are proud to now offer this proven skincare solution with treatments and products that help get chronic and inflamed acne types under control.
- Other Options: we provide the option between a sinus drainage, hand and arm, scalp, or jade roller massage. We also offer an add-on of AromaTouch technique for whole body and mind wellness that promotes relaxation and balance in the central nervous system.
Your Skincare Goals
Because at-home tools aren’t the same as a professional facial, it’s important to have a monthly facial to reap the maximum benefits of all your skincare. Those home tools and products still provide benefits, especially when paired with a monthly professional facial to help you truly meet your skincare goals.
Ready to get healthy, gorgeous skin? The experts at the Wellness Collective are ready to help! Book your appointment today.